Proof reading/Essay modification for international students

本帖由 gunner2013-07-08 發佈。版面名稱:Southampton

1. gunner

gunner Guest

To all international students 2013-2014

If you need 1:1 tutorial for your pre-sessional course, please contact with me (by proofreader@hotmail.com) and have some discussion. I have had more than 5 years experiences in proofreading and essay modification.

2. gunner

gunner Guest

<div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_head">&#039;proofreader&#039; wrote:</div>
    <div class="bbcode_quote_body">
    <span style="color:#37404E">To all international students 2013-2014</span>

<span style="color:#37404E">If you need 1:1 tutorial for your pre-sessional course, please contact with me (by proofreader@hotmail.com) and have some discussion. I have had more than 5 years experiences in proofreading and essay modification.</span>
    </div>
    </div>

<span style="color:#333333">Attention, all pre-sessional Course A students:</span>

<span style="color:#333333">At this stage (Week 2), you need to focus on how to summarize a paragraph. This is usually going to be set for the weekend and marked in week 3.</span>
    <span style="color:#333333">First of all, ask yourself, what is gist for a particular paragraph (could be a handout from your tutor). This is called "skills of reading for gist". You start from a paragraph, and then increase to two or three paragraphs. After that, you should be able to summarize a section and a chapter.</span><span style="color:#333333">
    You also need to focus on note-taking skills which include purpose, understanding text structure, and showing hierarchy.

The above points are about Reading Skills, I might introduce some more details later.

Now, let&#039;s talk about writing skills for Week 2. Again, you need to focus on paragraph structure (how to put each sentence correctly and everything make sense). To do that, you also need to understand assignment title properly (no misunderstanding), and then you need to know the different academic writing genres (could be argumentative essay or discursive essay).

to be continued...</span>

分享此頁面